"We teach each other how to live" Poet Anne Michaels
Get ready to feel the warmth of sunshine on your shoulders. This season we've created an energizing juice cleanse that will awaken your system to the living energy of spring. The days are longer, evenings are brighter, and we feel excited about the warmer months to come. In Chinese Medicine, spring is the season to enliven and purify the liver. The ingredients included in this cleanse [carrot, turmeric, dark leafy greens, bee pollen, wheatgrass, black pepper, lemon, and ginger] are able to generate healing and create real and lasting brightness in your body.
Opening & Awakening | Full Body Smile
Welcome to the beginning of your perfectly vibrant day! With one sip of Pineapple Wheatgrass, I feel it connect with my body completely, and I begin smiling everywhere. The depth + refreshing complexity of whole Costa Rican pineapple [meaning, we juice the core and the intricate green rind] and the brilliant healing attributes of biodynamic wheatgrass, combine to create an unbelievably flavorful + nutritionally stimulating raw juice.
Wheatgrass juice alone is some of nature’s finest medicine and a very powerful concentrated nutrient. It has twice the amount of Vitamin A as carrots and is higher in Vitamin C than oranges! It contains the full spectrum of B vitamins [great for energy + blood circulation!], as well as calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, sodium and potassium — all in balanced ratio. Unstoppable wheatgrass can even provide the body with a complete source of protein! And it possesses all essential amino acids and more. Added bonus: The calories that come from these proteins arrive in the form of poly peptides: a simpler + shorter chain of amino acids that the body can use more efficiently and will ultimately contribute to your unusually blissful morning and body's total joy.
Gentle wheatgrass is also a powerful detoxifier, especially of the liver and the blood. These are your inner filtration systems and contribute mightily to your potential to radiate a bright and glowing skin tone. The therapeutic dosages of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, enzymes, and phytonutrients, help neutralize toxins and environmental pollutants that inevitably [over time] become stored in the body. This is because wheatgrass contains beneficial enzymes that help protect us from carcinogens that actually work to digest toxins in your trillions of tender cells. Wheatgrass juice even has the stamina to remove chemicals + heavy metals [like lead, mercury, chlorine, tin, air pollutants and other toxins that may be stored in the body’s tissues and organs. Combined with whole Costa Rican Pineapple, we supply you with a potent source of the digestive enzyme and anti-inflammatory, bromelain, and abundant vitamin C! What a way to start the day! Stretch throughout the morning to help deepen your body's connection with these delicious nutrients.
Grounding & Empowering | Cytokine Support
Ingredients: Romaine, Celery, Kale Collards, Spinach, Red Chard, Parsley, Local Red-Skinned Apple and Hawaiian Ginger. As your second pint, our bold 65% greens juice enters to support and nourish your mind, blood, bones, and heart with immune-boosting lutein, beta-carotene, and chlorophyll. Chlorophyll alone possesses an amazing range of benefits. Because of its dense nutrition value it has been known to help manage hunger + promote weight loss. It is also so brilliantly cleansing and nutritionally complete that it helps reduce body odor while providing all-over inner healing. Tomgirl's Greens & Ginger is slow juiced with a majority of leafy greens. If you are new to green juice — this will make an extraordinary first impression. However that perfect added sweetness of local apple, and heat of Hawaiian ginger will help you feel reconnected to your intentions for beginning this cleanse. Romaine is for radiance! The vitamin C content of this dense and refreshing green is gorgeous for the health of your skin. We then add heaps of baby spinach, kale, red chard, collard greens, celery, and parsley [all equally beaming with vitamin C] and provide terrific sources of blood healing iron, and plant-based calcium for the strengthening of your bones. To this, a generous helping of fresh Hawaiian ginger to keep you feeling passionately awake and excited for the rest of your day! I LOVE this juice as my second pint because of its naturally low fruit sugar content. I feel it anchor me mentally, physically, and energetically. It powers me through the morning, and I feel positively electric with amazing nutrients inside! You will too!
Uplifting & Energizing | Physically and Mentally Motivating
Ingredients: Vermont Spring Water, Lemon, Vermont Wood-Fired Maple Syrup, and Hawaiian Ginger. Our ginger is flown in regularly from Kolo Kai Organic Farm, located on the tropical mountain rainforest island of Kauai, where the soil looks like sifted cocoa powder! It is a rhizome with over 400 compounds naturally targeted to reduce inflammation, enhance blood flow and aids the digestive process. It’s also known for its remedial effects on an upset stomach. It has been found to inhibit the production of cytokines, compounds found in the immune system that produces pain and tension. Lemon juice is extremely alkalizing and can be used to combat common colds, and brighten your skin tone due to their high vitamin C content. Lemon juice also cleanses the bloodstream and liver. Vermont Grade B Maple Syrup [from Nestle Nook Farm, Fairfield, VT] is added to bolster your energy with wholesome natural sugars replete with essential trace minerals and antioxidants. Added bonus: Enjoy warm or cool! We recommend enjoying this juice as an invigorating tea throughout the day or all at once :) For every 8 oz of lemonade, add 8 oz of hot water from a teakettle or hot water dispenser. This will improve your water intake and add depth to your healing.
Refreshing Inner Clarity & Guiding Loving Thoughts
Ingredients: Organic Cucumber, Celery, Red Chard, Fresh Lime and Hawaiian Ginger. Oh sunny afternoon! Oh blossoms blooming everywhere! This late day refreshment is full of total body brightness and supports your skin cells and deep digestive cleansing as your third green juice on this beautiful spring day. I love it because its made with 100% Greens & Vegetables and feels so perfectly clean and grounding. Have you kicked your shoes off yet today? Have you stretched your larger muscle groups, touched your toes, or taken a walk? If not, now would be the perfect time to do so. And try to do everything! Stretching and exercise are vital to the cleansing process and help build lipase, an essential fat burning enzyme. Parsley is a terrific lymph node clarifier, but all healthy eating and juicing habits need physical movement to help your organs feel pure, motivated, and happy. Try jumping rope, hula hoop to your favorite dance music, enjoy a small 25 minute walk/run, and if you can, soak up some all natural vitamin D to help deepen your body's connection with all the amazing nutrition you are circulating. Leafy greens contain concentrated sources of vitamin A, vitamin, C, protein, and digestive enzymes. You should feel terrific! And the best part? 2 more delicious juices are on the way!
Pure Body Joy & Added Depth of Awareness
Ingredients: Local Carrot & Fresh Lemon. Let’s welcome the late day sun with an organic juice composed of an equally astonishing color. Pure Carrot Lemon combine to create one of the most naturally succulent flavors we press. Carrot juice alone is deeply therapeutic to the liver, lemon juice brightens the complexion, lemon provides cooling full-body anti-inflammatory properties, and the texture of this juice will improve the ease of digestion. Additionally, the deep orange color is connected to your solar plexus chakra — the area in our body most connected to our gut feelings and wisdom. It could help ignite this energy center! The simple goodness of carrot juice is also known for its high beta-carotene content, supporting the health of our eyes. If you plan on getting a little exercise this evening — we hope you do! This juice makes an excellent post workout companion and provides a great source of electrolytes. Sumptuous lemon also feels thrilling [and filling!] while carrot & turmeric, work to ground your body in the extended light of the evening.
Surprise & Pleasure | Restful and Nutritionally Penetrating
Ingredients: Vermont Spring Water, Raw Sprouted Spanish Almonds, Medjool Dates, Hawaiian Turmeric, Bee Pollen, and Black Peppercorns. This buttery, peppery, and deep healing blend of TOMGIRL homemade almond milk and a new combination of amazing super foods, combine to add rest to what has already been a full-on delicious day of pure body joy. Sunny Spanish Almond Milk introduces the ingredient Hawaiian Turmeric for a second time. Turmeric is well known for it’s anti-inflammatory properties, but what can it do for you personally? Inflammation can arrive in many forms throughout the body: swelling, acute sinusitis, sore throat, arthritis, bruising, other injuries, recovering from surgery, or gout. The pineapple juice you enjoyed earlier helped get the ball rolling with a potent source of bromelain — another anti-inflammatory that happens to be very alkalizing and helpful with digestion. But Turmeric goes deeper. In fact it’s the only ingredient we use in house that I’ve seen stain stainless steel! Meaning, the geometry of turmeric juice on a microscopic level is so delicate that it has the means of interacting + cleansing your trillions of cells on a deep intimate level. The added combination of exciting almond, black pepper and bee pollen were placed with great intention because they work together to make turmeric’s job even better! In other words, they combine to increase Turmeric’s bioavailability and help it operate more effectively in your system. Turmeric’s anti-oxidant actions enable it to protect healthy cells from free radicals that can damage cellular DNA and lead to cancer, heart and other degenerative diseases. Relax into the evening knowing you are glistening inside. 8-9 hours of sleep alone and a pure 12-hours of tea or lemon water with energize your mood and body in amazing ways you can feel for the next day. Congratulations!!
At Tomgirl Juice Co. we celebrate seasonal wellness and are mindful of the ingredients we add to our monthly cleanses. This winter we look to Chinese Medicine to inspire our collection of Heart Opening and Small Intestine Cleansing raw organic juices. Think of the heart and its ability to welcome so much of what you love. Now, imagine the small intestine and its ability to convert nutrients into action + energy. Our juice cleanse is here to support and inspire each step of your winter adventure and all of your winter health goals. Here is this winter's selection! NEW: Start anytime: Monday-Sunday! Book online or call our shop to create a custom appointment.
1. Goji Berry Grapefruit : Mental Clarity and Digestive Energy. Wake up, stretch, and replenish your spirit. Deepen lycopene absorption by enjoying a cup of green tea. Lycopene is a carotenoid occurring in the natural pink color from both fruits! Nature's sunscreen :)
2. Beet Apple Lime & Cayenne : Skin Tonic, Energy Aid and Digestive Cleanser. This is a powerful liver cleanser and anything that awakens and refreshes the liver helps enable your metabolism.
3. Healing Heart Chakra : Greens are the ultimate source of life giving nutrients. Our bright and cleansing greens juice with lemon apple & cucumber adds another energetic lift to your mood and your morning. Sip and use this time to stretch all your large muscle groups and allow each and every nutrient to travel further through your body.
4. Peruvian Ginger Maple Limeade: Balance and Ground. Our limeade may not immediately invite thoughts of reestablishing a more balanced mind and system but ginger root grows deep in the soil and internally creates a much needed connection between our feet, mind and body. Enjoy warm by adding 1 part hot water or simply enjoy as is. Sip this one slowly. A little goes a long way :)
5. Greens & Ginger : The Ultimate Reconnection. After a full day of cleansing you are now ready to RECEIVE our highest nutrient content juice made with over 65% leafy greens, fresh cucumber, and celery. This juice forms a sense of connection between your body and your aspirations. You are the most beautiful version of you.
6. Vanilla Almond Milk: A Vitamin E and Mineral Rich Treat for your Hair Skin and Nails. Settle in for the evening and turn in early. Our Vanilla Almond Milk is the ultimate raw juice experience made with Spanish Sprouted Almonds - a high protein and B Complex boost - and mineral rich dates, complete with zinc, copper, and manganese. Give yourself a hug and surround yourself with pillows. Write down 3 things you are grateful for about YOU before bed and believe in Mother Nature's nurture. You are wonderful. What a day of terrific progress. Congratulations!
We can produce your entire 3-day cleanse in one day. You have the option of picking up all three days at once, or picking up 1-2 days at a time. It all depends on you and your schedule. Our hours are M-F 7am to 5pm and Saturday from 9am to 4pm. We are closed on Sundays. Therefore, Monday morning start dates can be difficult to accommodate. Our ideal start days for a 3-day cleanse are Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. You are welcome to pick up 1 day in advance of your cleanse. For example, for a Saturday morning start date, you could pick up all three days between 3-5 pm on Friday afternoon. For a Thursday morning start date, you could pick up 2 days on Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning and 1 day on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. We hope this information is helpful! For greater clarity, please contact us using the information listed below. Thank you so much! We are excited to work together and help you feel beautiful!
Contact: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (802)540-0337
During a juice cleanse you learn to seek energy and BLISS from fresh air, water, deep stretching, light exercise, relaxation, and additional sleep. You also replenish your muscle tissue, mind, and organs with diverse enzymes, vital to the integrity of your digestive track and its ability to remove waste. The body is so naturally able to feel wonderful and more energized. Our juice cleanse will guide your body to a state of healing alkalinity and suddenly you will crave water in a way that once felt challenging.
Lastly, there is this unbelievable sensation of LOVE and gratitude that follows your commitment to the cleanse. If there is any lack of intense appreciation for the beautiful body you've been given, a juice cleanse can rapidly build confidence and gratitude for all that is and all that can be. Let TOMGIRL be your remedy <3
For incredible results:
We recommended signing up and completing a 1-2 day juice cleanse once a week over the course of 4-5 weeks to enjoy truly lasting long term results. Alternatively, a dedicated 2 day cleanse [joined by healthy eating habits + a challenging exercise routine] scheduled each month throughout the spring season would absolutely help you feel amazing as we transition to summer + lots of warmer weather. Spring is a time where we can be incredibly active! You will love connecting with all the joy of additional sunlight, new blossoms blooming everywhere, and at some point, sinking your bare toes into the green green grass :) I love juice cleansing in the spring! I feel it makes the perfect companion to all the glowingly beautiful weather we get to be apart of.
When scheduling a cleanse greater than 7 days in length, we recommend you first meet with your naturopath or physician. There could be some amazing supplements and additional guidance you could receive for your body. Gabrielle is also a terrific guide and always available to help with overall motivation and goal setting. Knowing what you want and how you want to feel is just the beginning!
Everything is possible. Visit our Juice-Cleanse-FAQ page to prepare + learn more!
Classic Juice Cleanses*
[with optional tea + snack times]
1. 6 AM | WATER: Enjoy 8-16 oz of warm water with lemon or lime within 1 hour of rising.
2. 6:30-7 AM | GREEN TEA: 6-12+ oz of Yerba Mate or Green Tea. I love Yogi Super Antioxidant Blend. It has stevia and licorice root and it tastes beautiful! Try having another glass of water too! You are also encouraged to simply enjoy any variety of herbal tea you like. I love Traditional Medicinals Organic EveryDay Detox in Lemon. It supports Healthy Skin and Liver Function. The recipe contains singing nettles, burdock, cleavers herb, dandelion, and lemon myrtle. It is a lovely drink!
3. 9 AM | JUICE 01: Pineapple Wheatgrass Get ready for a full body smile! I sipped this juice over the course of 25 minutes and it truthfully felt so invigorating!
4. 9:30 AM | Drink more water! It will contribute to the beautiful body buzz you are already feeling :) Try 8-16 oz.
5. 11AM | JUICE 02: Greens & Ginger Another glowing + awakening boost to the body. Your head and your heart should be singing by this point.
6. 11:30-12 AM | WATER, TEA +/ SNACK: 8-16 oz of pure water. 1/4-1/2 of a ripe avocado with a little lime or lemon may be enjoyed at this time. 2 organic celery sticks would also feel delicious. Sometimes when I'm feeling really sneaky, I'll put a can of organic coconut cream in the refrigerator and very slowly savor a few small bites. It feels wonderful and can really help keep you on track. The fat content actually helps the body more easily assimilate all the delicious raw juice you're drinking. So feel free if you are curious to nibble
7. 1 PM | JUICE 03: Hawaiian Ginger Maple Lemonade: This drink feels so rewarding after a full morning of very deep cellular cleaning. Enjoy hot or cool. Recipe for tea: Take 1 part Hawaiian Ginger Maple Lemonade and 1 part hot water from a kettle. Sip + Savor + Enjoy!
8. 2 PM | WATER: Enjoy 8-16 oz of pure water | Get some fresh air too!! Try stretching for at least 5 full minutes. Focus on hips and larger muscle groups. Hold each stretch for 30 seconds. Breathe and reconnect with your intentions of accomplishing this cleanse. You got this!!
9. 3 PM | JUICE 04: Cucumber & Rainbow Chard: Feel your body perk right back up! This drink is intentionally a 100% savory vegetable juice. The combination of fresh cucumber, parsley, and ginger should put a skip in your step and a refreshing feeling in your mind.
5PM JUICE 05: Pure Carrot Lemon: Soak in all the extended afternoon light you are able and enjoy this grounding and naturally sweet root vegetable cocktail. In fact, this is a perfect pre or post work out juice. Have you exercised yet today? Try a brisk 30 minute walk or a gentle yoga class. I personally love swimming, hula hoping to my favorite dance music, and I love barre! Tracy Anderson also has an amazing series of motivating home workout videos. I love her original matt DVD.
11. 5:30PM SNACK +/ WATER: Drink 8-16 oz of water with option to enjoy a little Cashew Milk Chia Pudding OR Listen to your body. Eat slowly and lovingly. No food need be taken at this time. The other half of your avocado with lime could be delicious as well!
12. 7PM JUICE 06: Sunny Spanish Almond Milk Hallelujah! You did it! Enjoy the amazing nutritive qualities of this gorgeous reward. Bee Pollen, Medjool Dates, Black Peppercorns, and Hawaiian Turmeric. Go you!
13. 7:30-8PM | 8-16 oz HERBAL TEA +/ WATER: Option to enjoy any warming herbal tea. Nettle & Dandelion Teas are ideal! Herbal Laxative teas are also approved for this time. Try Traditional Medicinals™ Smooth Move or an alternative supplement recommended by your doctor or naturopath. I personally love to occasionally enjoy a second cup of warm water with lemon. It helps me feel clear + focused.
14. BEDTIME | CONGRATULATIONS! Body brush and jump in the bath or shower! Adding our signature TOMGIRL Bath & Beauty Products to your bathing can feel extra wonderful on your body. Stretch all large muscle groups and enjoy a great night's rest! Try to sleep between 8 and 9 hours if possible. A little extra sleep should really feel amazing and in truth, very healing! Cozy up with a new book or glossy magazine and jump under those covers. Sweet dreams!
*Note: Daily Water intake should represent 1/2 your body weight in ounces. For example: An individual that weighs 150 LBS should try to consume 75 ounces of water per day. The above schedule is a great example of timing but does not need to be followed with precision. In other words, it's totally ok if this structure doesn't fit the nature of your day, but we hope you do your best to stay hydrated and enjoy our recommended cleanse snacks when you feel inspired to do so. Stretch whenever you want! Enjoy lots of fresh air! And stay nice and warm!